Monday, October 30, 2006

Update

I must say, the doctor's appointments have been going decently the last couple of weeks. No new surprises, and tests last week showed that there is no longer baby's blood in mine, so if there was a hemorrhage, it's likely now stopped. We also get to skip a week of sonogram because the blood-flow readings went down as well, hooray!

At my second appointment last week, I did find out that I'll get a physical exam TWICE a week, instead of just once, which I thought was bad enough. Me and that car-jack, we're going to get real friendly. My Doc also told me subtly, because he doesn't say these things directly, that my belly is humongous and that I'll be lucky to make it to Thanksgiving, a month before my due date! As my co-worker suggested, I'll be crossing my legs for the next month.

We did find out that our daughter is already an overachiever. She's huge for her age - over 5 pounds at 32 weeks, when babies normally aren't quite 4. She's also a bit of a prankster - during the fetal stress tests she plays hide-and-seek with the nurse when she's trying to find the heartbeat. It took the nurse 15 minutes today to set it up because every time she'd locate the heartbeat, Little Miss would swim away.

Oh, and there's this.


Really, from our last sonogram - Jane can vouch for authenticity, as she was kind enough to scan it for me. Little Miss says give peace a chance, man.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that photo!

Anonymous said...

Maybe she was saying "I have to go number 2" which is also intelligent. But in a different way,ha,ha..