Thursday, November 24, 2005

My Life Could Be a Country Song

There's a lot of steel guitar in this one, and a seriously tinny, nasally voice involved as well. Oh, and grammar has been appropriately crucified for the occasion.

I'm sick - sinus infection got me down;

My kid's sick - fevers and tummy aches is goin' round;

My cat's sick - stopped eating for no reason and lost 3 pounds;

My husband whines - don't want to get sick.

My brother's hurt - he's ankle's twisted;

My dad's morose - job's gone all wicked;

My other brother's freaked - work's not going as intended;

My cousin's in shock about her new babies' health.

And my damn property taxes went up AGAIN.


I didn't say it was any GOOD, just genre appropriate. I'm thinking I'll start walking around backwards and see if things improve.


P.S. Even though things could be going better right now, I am still thankful, especially at this time of year, for my family and all that is going right. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all.

No comments: