Sunday, August 13, 2006

An Announcement

Being the spotty poster that I am, I've failed to write about a fairly significant thing going on: I'm pregnant. Yep, you'd think that this would trickle into a post faster than, say, a comma key, but then you'd be mistaken. This is because I'm looking out for your best interest. Because I care for my readers, the both of you. You skipped the whining about months and months of fertility angst, the crazed rantings from the weeks of hormonal insanity (courtesy of Chlomid's first cousin), and all bitchy posts from the first-trimester ickiness. You're just in time for stories from the 2nd trimester. Of which there are none. Well, at least not many.

Except that I'm growing out of my clothes ALREADY at 5 months. These second babies really do blossom out early, so I've alreay broken out the always-attractive Pregnancy Pants. Bleh.

And that, along with insomnia and ever-present heartburn and the weird joint pain that I get, I now have some sort of weird pain in my lower abdomen that wakes me up when I turn over in bed. (Love my doc, but "just ligaments stretching", my ass. I think I pulled a muscle.)

Oh, and my kids are already abusing each other. The Little Man has gotten in several pretty good head-butts in the belly despite the constant "be careful of Mommy's belly!" warnings. And the little one kicks him in the head whenever he lays down on my belly, generating confused looks from the abuse-ee.

And we found out we're having a girl. :-) The Little Man seems excited and will say "Yes, I having Baby Sister", but if you ask him where she is, the answer is always "in the car" or "downstairs". And when I go downstairs and get in the car, he's right.

Welcome to the blog, Little Sis.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Blog congratulations to go with the earlier real world congratulations. :)