Monday, June 01, 2009

Home Sweet Home v. 2.0

We are finally moved into the new house. There are boxes everywhere and all of us are dead-dog tired, but we are in.

I love it. It's fabulous. Not to toot my own horn, but this house kicks ass. It's pretty, it's functional, I like most of the choices that we've made, and am able to file the ones I don't like under Lessons Learned and move on. It's going to be a cool place to live.

It's weird actually moving in and moving through something that has taken shape slowly over 6 months' time. I think it's like meeting an Internet boyfriend for the first time (or what I imagine it would be like anyway). You have an image in your head of what it should look like and be like and feel like, but the reality is both better and worse than what you had imagined. It's a surreal place where elation and disappointment meet - kind of a funky feeling, but luckily more elation than disappointment in my case. The funkiness is taking a few days to wear off. I think once I stop getting de ja vu when I walk down the hall because I've done it so many times in my mind it will feel more normal.

We have So. Much. Shit. that it feels like it will be forever until we have the place in order. The Little Man is pushing for a Grand Opening Celebration (which more normal households call an Open House) though, so maybe we'll whip it into shape quickly just to get him off our butts. Nothing motivates like a persistant 5-year-old.

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

You gotta post again! Soon! So much stuff has happened!