Sunday, February 27, 2005

Birthday Parties

The Little Man will be one-year old next week. I can't believe it, but the baby has crept away to be replaced by a busy, curious, adorable little boy. Cliche, but my, how time really does fly.

With a one-year milestone comes, of course, the inevitable party. For some moms, this is the highlight of parenthood. Not so much for me. I hate, *HATE* planning events. It showcases my lack of organizational skills, and, as a special treat, highlights my utter dirth of planning ability.

Still, this is an important milestone, so party we must have. I won't go into the sordid details, but after two weeks of stress, and 3 days straight of cleaning, the party is over and all is well. The balloons are listing, the streamers drooping, but I'm still standing, as are most of the attendees and the Little Man. Well, he's actually now crashed as a result of not enough sleep combined with way too much cake and company. But, we're reasonably sure he'll be his regular old self in the morning.

More later, but phase one of Happy Birthday Little Man is complete. Whew.

No comments: