Friday, February 04, 2005

Sampler

I am the ultimate product tester's fantasy. I'll try pretty much anything new from a recognizable brand. If I'm in the store and it's New! and Different! I'll pick it up and give it a whirl. All the new candy - inside out, upside down Oreos, taken-apart-and-put-back-together-again-with-chocolate Kit Kats, all flavors of Coke, you name it, I've been there.

Some products have been stunningly sucktacular, like low-carb chocolate of any ilk or purple ketchup from Heinz. Others, ok for the moment - Holiday Spice Pepsi, Chocolate Cookie Kit-Kats. And a rare few have gotten me hooked forever - God bless the product teams that came up with Lysol wipes and Diet Coke with Lime (though curses on the ad agency who did the horrid radio spots to promote it - A Diet Coke with Lime thing? Really, people, Coke paid good money for this, put in a little effort.)

So, knowing my weakness, you will now understand why I feel I scored the coup of the month with a variety pack of all the new Crest toothpaste flavors - for a DOLLAR! I was actually excited about this purchase, even more excited when I saw the same pack for sale at Hen House for $3.50. I've brushed my teeth faithfully with a different flavor each night to test them out. The citrus is downright icky. The Vanilla Mint and Herbal Mint good, but not fantastic. My favorite is the cinnamon - 'cause I'm a sucker for cinnamon - but they could kick the cinnamonyness up a notch or two.

Any other great new products I should be aware of? Lemeknow - I do so hate to be behind in my product sampling.

2 comments:

Mojavi said...

I so agree! I was definitely disappointed when the holidays were over and I couldn’t find the Holiday Spice Pepsi anymore…Did you get to try the holiday Coffeemate creamers? Ginger, peppermint mocha, and eggnog.. The eggnog one was gross but the others were FAB!

Goofy Girl said...

Individually-wrapped hot dogs! These are great if it's just you or just Junior who wants a hot dog. It avoids the nasty sliminess that occurs when an already-opened hot dog package sits in your fridge for a week or two..or three. Very cool!

And Skim Extra milk. It really does taste like 2% milk! Honest!