Thursday, November 02, 2006

Care to Weigh In?

Yet another doctor's appointment today. It went well - the baby is doing well, moving around like a crazy girl. And, a bonus - I lost, LOST!, a pound after several weeks of gaining at every appointment. Always nice to hear.

It got a little weird when my doc said "Oh, wow!" when he saw my belly, then proceeded to compare its size with other patients who were having twins. I have achieved belly size of someone who is over full-term at not quite 33 weeks. Yippy for me. He said I was a ways off of his "record" patient who got up to 50 cm with her EIGHT POUND TWINS. Which, thank God. I'm sorry, I really wasn't out to set any records, especially as the man has been in practice for over 20 years and has delivered over 3,000 babies. I'm fine with being somewhere in the middle, thank you.

He then went on to tell me about the delivery of another patient who had polyhydramnios. He said "Yeah, there was a lot of water. It flooded the delivery room."

Translation: I am fucked. The man is going to have to sit in a boat to deliver Little Miss.

The reason - my doc tends to be very reserved, so in most cases you can multiply the severity of what he says by about 5. Also, he told me that the other patient didn't start having fluid buildup until very late in her pregnancy - I started earlier and likely will be gallons ahead of her.

Oh, yeah. F-U-C-K-E-D

And so, for the class involvement. Mr. Me and I have a bet on what we will get to replace when my water breaks and I flood my immediate surroundings

A. Our bed
B. Our couch
C. My car, or at least a seat
D. Some miscellaneous section of carpet
E. My office chair
F. Some other random place/thing that I've not thought of

Any guesses? Mr. Me is most frightened for the bed, while I am scared to death of something happening at work (though, I can't think of a better way to get away with destroying office property, hee hee.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping, for your sake, that it's the shower.

Scribbit said...

I never thought my water would break, since they say it doesn't happen as often so I was rather surprised to wake up in bed and find myself wet. Luckily it doesn't flood the way you'd think it would.