Monday, April 16, 2007

Shorts

So many swirling thoughts with no meat for actual posts. So you get: Shorts.

Drop Him
I would pay a lot of money right now for good way to administer eye drops. I have almost exhausted my meager cache of WWE tricks in pinning down and prying open the eyes of the Little Man for those two precious drops three times a day. And we have four days left to go

G-U-I-L-T
I went to work today while Mr. Me stayed home with our two still-feverish spawn. The Little Man has been insanely attached to me since he's been sick, so he didn't take well to the news that Dad was staying home instead of me. He tried every sneaky wile he could think of to make me stay, and I finally had to pry him off my leg and leave him in a soggy, wailing heap screaming "Mommeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey! Don' go! I neeeeeed you!" Yeesh. The guilt. It is smothering.

And then, there's a second helping.

When I arrived home, the Little Man opened the door from the house as soon as I opened my car door. "Gee, Mom, I sure was lonely without you today." It took him a couple of times to get it out right, complete with his unique Elmer Fudd-like twang, but this was his own sentence, without coaching from dad. *Sob* I'm never leaving the house again.

Curses!
Tylenol Cold with pseudoephedrine has been my highly-preferred method of cure for the common cold for years. I am appalled to discover that they're discontinuing it! The damn government passed a law to make you sign at the pharmacy counter to purchase products containing pseudoephedrine, with some sort of meth-related good intentions. That must have tanked the market for it, because Tylenol put some wussy, third-class drug in its place, slapped 'New!' on the label, stuck it on the shelves and poof! The good stuff is gone.

Waaahhhhh! Damn meddling government! Damn meth-heads! Damn corporate pharmaceutical company!

Damn stuffy nose that won't go away.

Lashing Out
The Little Man came up to me the other day with the nail clippers and said "Mom, clip my eyes." Uhhh . . . As I explained that we never use sharp things like nail clippers on eyes until we become an opthalmologist and are trained to do so, it occurred to me that he was probably referring to his eyelashes. They are insanely long and adorable. To him? Probably really annoying. And you clip hair when it gets too long, and nails. Why not these? What a BOY.
His sister, I'm sure, will immediately appreciate her good fortune in the lash department. At least I hope the Little Miss gets a little of what he's packin'. Because, seriously. . .




No comments: