Monday, October 11, 2004

Messy Marvin

Tonight the Little Man's dinner was quite the adventure. Thus far, he has been content to be a passive participant in meals, opening his maw like a good little bird for each spoonful of mushy goodness. Lately, though, he's been becoming more opinionated about most areas of his life, and dinner was his latest experiment. Instead of his normal tractable behavior, as I approached with his bowl of ummy goo his arms started rotating like windmills, and one caught the bowl, which dumped and oozed all over his tray. He promptly stuck his busy hands into the goop and mucked around in it. Then he grabbed the bowl and started drinking the remainder, grunting like a barbarian. The rest of the meal was spent in messy baby glory, with the Little Man alternately grabbing the spoon I attempted to navigate into his mouth and sucking on his goo-laden fingers. Finally both he and I had had enough. I did eventually find a clean Little Man, but it was only after peeling off the clothes that were paper-macheted onto him and copious amounts of soap and water. I have a feeling that dinner time will never be the same again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the little man did the windmill thing with us on Friday. He also pounded the tray a lot - "Woman! Bring me my potpie!"