Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Entertaining

My entertainment schedule has become significantly more delightful recently. I went to a movie--Sideways--within the last couple of weeks (yes, that's recent according to my current schedule). Not always a big indie film buff, but it was excellent. There are also a few other films out that I want to see, mostly mainstream stuff like Hitch and Ms. Congeniality 2 - I'm not holding my breath that the stars will align for that to happen. Also purchased the Incredibles - it was as cool as I remembered, and great extras!

The big news is in my TV world - Deadwood is back! I'm again being assaulted weekly by terrible language and debauchery, and I'm loving it. I've also become quite fond of a new find, House. The writing is just too fun - the lead character is a grade-A smart ass and I love him.

And of course, there's Desperate Housewives, which I've been in mourning for new episodes for the last few weeks. And another guilty pleasure - Boston Legal. I know, I know, it's The Practice + Ally McBeal= yet another David E Kelly cookie-cutter production. But Shatner over-acts his character perfectly, and I like the addition of Candice Bergen to the cast. What's with her always wearing turtlenecks or really chunky necklaces? Did she have a tracheotomy at some point? Or does she have some severe "wottle" that she's hiding? Inquiring mind wants to know.

I bought the soundtrack to Garden State, which is good. And have started using iTunes as one of the last true holdouts. I LOVE it, and now I'm coveting an iPod and more new CDs (curse you Steve Jobs!)

And finally, books. I've read a new one from James Patterson, and an older Mercedes Lackey within the last week or so. I've also started reading the new Super Nanny book - gotta get some advice on those tantrums. I need to come up with a few new reads while I'm awaiting the new Harry Potter & Stephanie Plum books this summer (So Excited!) Also looking for the new Jasper Fforde to come out sometime.

What have you been doing lately? Any shows, movies, books, cds that I need to add to my list?

No comments: