Friday, March 25, 2005

Questions Answered

One of my favorite bloggers and friends - Average Jane - introduced a blogging game a couple of weeks ago (and is this similar to a drinking game? Or at least can I drink while playing?)
ANYWAY, the gist is that she gets to ask me questions and I, in turn get to ask questions of any willing guinea pigs who sign up here in my comments.

So, to my belated list of answers:

1. What's the sneakiest thing you've ever done to get your husband to eat vegetables?

This odd question becomes not-so-strange when you learn that Mr. Me's idea of the sum total of edible vegetables consist of peas, corn, and potatoes. This is to the exclusion of everything - and I mean everything - else.

The sneakiest thing I've done to get him to eat vegetables is to mince them into meals - chili, meatloaf, etc. Except, I got caught. He can detect the slightest iota of onion, pepper, or squash and a hour of cooking is kicked to the curb in a matter of minutes. If he knows there's a non-approved veggie lurking on his dinner, he'll decline and go fix himself a hot dog.

This forray into forcing health down Mr. Me's throat occurred within the first year or so of marriage. In the years since, I've decided that it's more important to me that the stuff I cook gets eaten than embarking on a crusade to improve the health of his meal choices.


2. How are you most different from the rest of your family?

Hmm, this is a tough one. I guess mostly because my family is so diverse that it would be much easier to answer this about one member than the whole (very, very large) group.

The only answer that comes to mind is that I'm snarkier. And have a blog. So, that's gotta be it then.

3. Carnival/fair food on a stick: delicious or disgusting?

Depends on time of life. It was one of the most delectable, delightful treats of my younger years to eat anything on a stick (or off, as long as it was fried) at the State Fair. It was actually something I looked forward to all year (we always spent at least a week at the State Fair helping my Grandpa show his dairy cows).

Now, though, I'm finding that my aging stomach can't handle those treats of yore. Whenever I try one of these items that should just be awesome - like cotton candy, or fried Wisconsin cheese on a stick, or fried pickles - I get myself all excited about the special treat, and my mouth waters in anticipation, and my gastric system makes me pay for days. So, on the whole, now it's mostly just disgusting.

4. If you had the choice between another baby or another cat this time next year, which would you choose and why?

I notice that neither is not an option here . . . Probably another baby. The cats have taken to peeing in my office, and I have been tempted to round them up and take them away more than once recently. Not that the baby doesn't pee in inappropriate places too - the bathroom floor, on my clothes, in my face - but there is a glimmer of hope that in a few years I can make him (ok, and the new one too) understand that peeing is done in diapers or potties, and no-where else. The cats will always have that dumb "who, me?" card they can play as they'll never talk back (though I SWEAR they understeand what I tell them).

5. Via what medium do you get most of your news?

The Internet (Yahoo mostly), the radio and Newsweek. Sadly enough, though, I am having less and less time to soak in news from any source, so I am becoming stunningly uninformed. My new source is beginning to be friends that tell me what's going on.

And, if you're interested, here's the official game rules:

The Official Interview Game Rules

  1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."

  2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.

  3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.

  4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

2 comments:

Goofy Girl said...

Oooo...me! Me! Pick me! Please! Pick me please!

Anonymous said...

What the hell is a SNARK??!!! And how does one become SNARKIER?