Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Living With Bugs Bunny

I was trying to explain my son's personality to a co-worker, and the best I could come up with was he was like living with Bugs Bunny.

My Little Man is a trickster. He loves to play jokes - to hop in your seat right before you sit down, and to tell you the opposite answer to the question you asked, and to steal something (usually food) right out from under your nose. He is quick - physically and mentally - and has a very active and well-used imagination. This combined with the endless amounts of energy this busy little boy possesses gives you - Bugs Bunny.

Case in point: Yesterday morning I asked him to go downstairs to our fridge and get me an iced coffee (I love me some Caribou Iced Coffee, though apparently they don't think so much of it as it has no home on their site). Pretty soon I hear his little voice, bursting with laughter, say

"Mom-my, I've got your coff-ee."

"Great - where is it?"

"It's behind my ba-ack." (giggle giggle)

"OK, well give it to me."

"Here it is!" And he busts out laughing as he brings forth a Gatorade.

"It's a Gatorade!" This he barely gets out as he's laughing hysterically.

I chuckled at him and told him to take it back and bring me my coffee.
He disappears back down the stairs, and proceeds to repeat his little joke with a bottle of water, a different flavor of Gatorade, a pop, and a gallon of milk. (He did complain bitterly about having to haul the gallon of milk back down two flights of stairs. The price of comedy is steep.)


Can't you just see this child leading Elmer Fudd on a wild goose chase all over the forest?


No comments: