Saturday, May 03, 2008

Some Things

No one thing to write about, just a bunch of little ones.

My report on the house is that there's NOTHING TO REPORT. The house plan lady has gone AWOL since Wed when we were supposed to see new sketches. The zoning department has not received the letter which kicks off the next part of the process, though it was sent over a week ago. This all pisses me off, but I'm trying to take a Zen approach and pretend like it doesn't.

I'm also making little progress on all the little projects we need to finish to get the current house ready to sell, which ALSO pisses me off. I think the fault lies somewhere between me being inefficient with time and Mr. Me's obsession with World of Warcraft. Probably doesn't help that we're both sitting here on laptops this evening instead of doing our chores.

The Little Man is doing extremely well at preschool, and has been pretty good lately in general, knock on wood. He's growing up pretty fast; in his mind it's even faster. He got up this morning and was stark naked but for a pull-up. I could have sworn that he had PJs on when he went to bed, but my mind, it does play tricks. When I asked him about it he said "I sleep naked now, Mom. I'm almost 5." I'm really having to get good control over my laugh reflexes around him these days.

The Little Miss is a pacifier addict. She LOVES them. She will find a stash of them and sit for 15 or 20 minutes, holding as many as she can in her pudgy little hands and rotate them through her mouth, happy as can be. We literally have about 50 of them in the house, but I can never find any because she ratholes them. I've started to catch on to some of her hotspots, and will periodically raid the big one behind her bed to snag 6 or 7. There's normally one or two in her little push car and among her stuffed animals as well, but lately she's started to try more exotic locations like the fridge and the canned goods shelves. (I'll have to remember these things when she's a teenager and I suspect she's hiding something . . .)

Since she's going on 18 months, I'm trying to slow down the paci use. I really would prefer that she didn't look like Bugs Bunny at age 5, so we now have a rule that she can only have a paci at naptime or bedtime. Man, it's hard. She screams like she's being murdered when I take them away, and I have to be constantly vigilant because she pops up with one from a hidey-holes about every 30 minutes. She's slowly getting used to it, and getting easier to distract. Maybe I'll be able to transition her off of them easier than I thought. Then again, maybe I'll have to invent the Patch for Paci.

No comments: