Thursday, September 15, 2005

Vacation

I'm not the smartest of people, that I freely admit. Take for instance that I scheduled 2, yes TWO, vacations in September. Turns out they are less than 1 week apart. Doh! I didn't mean to. Really, it just seems to have happened. But this error has left me poorer. And weary of cleaning the house and doing mountains and mountains of laundry for vacation. And, yes, tired of vacations.

And then there's the location of Vacation 2. We're going to Kitty Hawk, NC. Beautiful wilderness location in the barrier islands. Yes, the ones that are currently being pummelled by hurricane Ophelia. And, you guessed it, it's not refundable. Wheee! This should be fun! Motion sickness girl in stormy airplane ride.

So, we are in preparation. Packing. Cleaning. Laundering. Finding suitable (read: willing, reliable and breathing) cat sitters. Dropping off the Little Man with the pre-arranged sitters (there are higher qualifications for the Little Man sitting): the Grandparents. Supposedly Ophelia will have taken her leave when we get there on Friday. Supposedly it will be hot and humid the entire time (SIGH) Here's hoping that the Weather Channel is right, even with the hot and humid part.

I'm so not ready for this. I guess I'd better call the resort and see if they're still there. Cross your fingers for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back! Call me if you need cat help. Dorothy