Monday, September 12, 2005

At least one line is inspired by Monte Python

Hard to post the regular blather when Katrina is top-of-mind, yet so many others have said it so much better, and so much more. Bottom line is, give and pray, 'k?

And now for something completely different. . .

We recently returned from a week's vacation in good ol' Branson, MO. Is this the vacation destination that I would like to define me to people on the Internet? Oh Lord, please no. Is it a somewhat close location that we could rather inexpensively vacation with family? Yep, that's why we've been more times than I'd care to ennumerate.

We went for a week, with different family members joining us for different parts of the week. 'Twas lovely, though lots of work for a vacation what with the Little Man and all. Some highlights:
  • Watching the Little Man chase geese night after night in the lawn behind our condo. He would run after them with arms outstretched, looking like he was trying to give them hugs. Then he would invariably fall again and again in the goose-poo covered grass. Yum!
  • The term Baldknobbers is not just a made-up word to post on billboards and make tourists snigger. It has actual meaning - who knew?
  • Ripley's Believe it or Not is a giant rip-off - buy a copy of Guiness Book of World Records and feed your cravings to gaze upon oddities that way.
  • Got the coolest new jewelry - a magnetic hematite piece that can be necklace/ankle bracelet/bracelet/whatever you wish. Great to play with in meetings!
  • I-am-so-sick-of-buffets.
  • The Little Man was sitting at the top of a craft-mall aisle in his stroller pushed by his Grandma. When Mr. Me and I turned the corner to see him, he stared at us, expressionless, and raised his eyebrows twice. I doubled over laughing - ornery little stinker.

That's it, that's all I got.

1 comment:

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

Glad you survived your trip to Redneck Vegas. Earlier this summer, I had the joy of going to Las Vegas one week and Redneck Vegas the very next week! Nice juxtaposition!

I have seen the Baldknobbers when I was pretty little. I vaguely remember very skinny hillbillies dancing around.