Monday, September 06, 2004

And Yet More Parties

This Labor Day weekend has been a good one. Packed with fun things to do. We had a couple of picnic parties to attend, and I'd forgotten how much fun it was to go to parties with other adults. What's more, I'm discovering how much fun it is to go to parties where taking a child is socially acceptable.

The party we went to Saturday was an annual event my friend hosts in her backyard. It was a good time, as always; the addition of the Little Man actually just made it more fun. He attracted folks I didn't know to come by and chat, so we got to meet some new people. Plus, he's pretty well-behaved at these things, so it isn't a huge stress to have him around. The food this year was pot luck and a good variety. My friend and her husband are in a band together this year and played. I hadn't heard her sing for a few years, and she's as good as ever.

Monday we went to a cookout at the house of one of Mr. Me's co-workers. They just moved into a new place, and it's some nice digs. Still in town, but a little land, with a nice barn & shed and place for 5 horses. It was a nice afternoon, and the Little Man had a great time looking at new things and playing with new dogs. He did give me a small coronary, though, when I went to check on him during his nap and he wasn't there! He's just mobile enough that he had rolled behind some furniture, out of eyesight. Other than that, we had a grand old time, and wrapped up with lunch at my brother's with the nieces and nephew.

Maybe we need to do more of these family-type activities. Who knew they could be so fun?

No comments: