Tuesday, January 04, 2005

New Year, New Post

Ahh, well, it's a new year, so it's probably time for a new post.

My first gift of the New Year, courtesy of my little brother, PD, starting at 1:30 AM on 1/1/05 has been countless hours spent in hospital waiting rooms. He has had yet another car wreck and has been unconscious and broken in a hospital bed for most of the week. Thank God, he has finally started to come out of it today, and thanks to PD himself, he is now devoid of many of the tubes and gadgets that made things look so very scary. (He decided to rip them out himself yesterday morning) He's not yet out of the woods, but he's made vast improvements the past day. To the point that he was actally able to utter "Ow, my ass" loud and clear when the nurse adjusted him in a way that didn't work out for him.

The second gift, courtesy of the first and, again, my little brother, is that I realize how very, very lucky I am to have all the little things I take for granted. Like health insurance, and a healthy, happy son, and a wonderful husband, and a nice warm home. And family, lots and lots of annoying, boisterous, loving family. And, most of all, no giant waves crashing through my home and leaving wreckage through my community and my country.

So, greetings, 2005. I'll do my very best to heed your first lessons and avoid hospitals as much as possible. Oh, yeah, and relish every precious moment, whether it's spent washing dishes, rocking my baby, or whatever my wonderful life dishes out.

3 comments:

Cagey (Kelli Oliver George) said...

PD is in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Don't forget to take care of yourself, too.

Anonymous said...

LuAnn says that lots of prayers are headed your way . . .

Goofy Girl said...

Welcome back to the blog world! You've laid out a very nice perspective on things for the new year...

Many prayers for PD.