Thursday, July 14, 2005

Geeks Anonymous

Oh dearie dear, how I have not posted in the while. I have had several posts written in my little noggin, but I'm currently sharing the laptop with the wireless connection with Mr. Me and it has been Questing night after night after night. So, no posting for you.

Yes, I am married to a geek. A true blue, tech absorbed, game playin', Cheetoe munchin' geek. So much of a geek that my cousin got me a t-shirt that says 'I *heart* my geek' on it for Christmas - and I wear it in public. Why deny the painfully obvious, eh?

When I came home from work the other night he was the most excited I had seen him in quite some time. I asked him what his deal was, and he said "I'm growing potatoes". Now, you must understand that as far as the both of us are concerned, gardening and outdoor work in general is for the birds. We manage to keep the yard mowed (more often when the neighbor boy stops by and offers to do it for us) but that's about the size of our outdoor effort unless something is an obviously falling apart or might get us turned into the city.

So, you might understand why the growing potatoes thing did not compute. Until he informed me that he's now allowed to farm online in the game he plays. "I've got 19 potatoes so far - they're all in little bags ready to sell. Isn't that cool?" Gardening is all good - even exciting! - when done electronically.

And I'm so very sure this won't be the last time I shake my head in disbelief at my husband.

No comments: