Thursday, July 14, 2005

Snippits

The Little Man is growing in leaps and bounds it seems. He's really started to crack me up. Some of my favorite moments . . .


  • I learned that he is starting to pay attention to body-part labels when my cousin walked in during bathtime and said something about him having his daddy's ears - and he pointed to it! So far we're good with ear and belly, and sometimes nose and mouth. He normally stick his finger UP his nose to point it out, but that counts in my book.

  • I was trying to sleep in one Sunday morning on my dedicated morning off of childcare, but I about rolled out of bed laughing when I heard the Little Man thundering down the hallway with his father in hot pursuit yelling "Put . . . the pizza. . . down" in Gene Wilder style from Young Frankenstein (except he was talking about a candle)

  • The Little Man vocabulary is growing, but limited. I'm hoping it's this - and not pig-headed stubbornness - that makes him think everything is a ball. Moon, wheels, anything remotely circular is christened a ball, and he'll argue with you until he's blue in the face defending his point.

  • My Little Man has decided he is Trader Vic. I have no idea where he got this concept, but if you have something he wants, he'll go get another item that he thinks you might want and see if you'll trade him. If you have the toothpaste tube (that you've taken away from him for the 108th time), he naturally wants it back and so will go get your keys off the table, bring it in and see if you'll give up the tube for the keys. In his concept of trading, this works with food too. If you have sausage - his favorite - on your plate, you can rest assured that if he's in arms length you'll soon see a grimy piece of potatoes/egg/grapes on your plate and the sausage will be gone, gone, gone.


This child has more personality in his little finger than any one person is rightfully allowed. Man, do I hope I'm ready for him.

No comments: