Monday, July 18, 2005

The Times, They've Already Changed

Oh, it was fabulous. A Be-A-Utiful weekend. First, wonderful, wonderful Harry. This book ranks as one of my favorites. I was slightly non-plussed on the first reading of Harry Potter 5 (the Order of the Phoenix) but this one was fantastic. The only problem is, I can't wait for the 7th now!

Secondly, as I was waiting on my book to arrive Saturday I decided to stop wasting my day and went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with a girlfriend. It was good, though I never can get all that enthusiastic about Tim Burton movies. He's just a little too, well, Tim Burton for me. It was lovely to see my girlfriend, though, and to actually BE able to go see a movie and not worry about a sitter or anything.

Then, after a few hours of blissful reading, I went out to see my brother play at a local bar. He's been playing coffee shops and clubs for a couple of months - accoustic stuff with his buddy, and he's pretty good. He's played guitar forever - the one who ended up with my mom's musical talent - and he's decided to start playing publicly. It was fun to sit back and listen to good tunes, chat with their groupies (my sister-in-law & her friends) and sip a margarita. Ahhhhh.

Sunday was lovely and lazy - got up at 10 (TEN!), finished up Harry, and straightened up the house a little while I watched some forgettable movie. Then Mr. Me & the Little Man came home and took me to dinner. Perfect end to a perfect weekend.

It amazes me that I'm writing like this is such a big deal. This type of weekend used to be fairly common. And then, the Little Man. I love my Little Man, but man, did he mix things up! It's amazing the things I look forward to now (Dooce says it best). Hopefully Mr. Me gives me another one of these lovely weekends to look forward to sometime soon!

No comments: