Friday, August 26, 2005

Random

We've reserved some vacation condos in a nearby town for a little trip over Labor Day. So far we've been turned down by my in-laws, my brother, my cousins and my brother-in-law to accompany us. Maybe I should change my deoderant?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After I picked-up of the Little Man's room yesterday, I returned to it later and was shocked to see that I had inappropriately placed a lascivious blow-up giraffe behind the rocking horse. The giraffe had a big grin on its face and its tongue was sticking out. And the horse, he was smiling.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My son decided that, of all the shoes in our closet, he needed to wear my beaded acid-green wooden-soled flip-flops this morning. As cool as they look, they are a bitch to walk in, and the Little Man agrees. After several attempts to walk and keep them on his feet, he screamed, plopped down on the floor, and promptly bit them on their beady green straps.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Oh to be a cat. She's sitting on the cushion beside me, lounging. Eyes half-closed, paw extended, just touching my leg. Purrrrrring. She's all spotted, relaxed loveliness. She loves quiet evenings when the Little Man is asleep. Me too.

No comments: